Tuesday, November 25, 2003

MISSING OUT
When I was working at UCLA, I got 13 paid holidays throughout the year (including those holidays considered "lesser" ones like Martin Luther King, Presidents Day, and the day after Thanksgiving). Now, that I work at Kaiser, I only get about 5. This means my butt will be working the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (not this year because I requested it off so that Karena and I could go up north with her family), New Years' Eve, etc. Can you imagine sitting at work at 6:00 on New Year's Eve? What crazy person would schedule a late afternoon appointment on Christmas Eve? Maybe Jewish people, I guess.
Anyway, the point is that I'm working a lot of days I'm not used to. But I've sort of made my peace with that. But what IS really irking me about all this is that I'll be missing out on all those early day-after-Thanksgiving sales. My favorite thing to do is every year is to go to some department store, Best Buy, and some other places at 7 am (or before) to get some REALLY good deals. And then, I'd talk to Jason afterward and find out where we shopped and what we bought. I won't get that opportunity this year.
So, this begs the question: Does anyone know what stores (if any) are opening WAY before 7am? I have to be at work no later than 7:30 Friday morning so I could only go to a sale that started at 6 or something like that. Please help!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]