Saturday, November 08, 2003

DEFUSING THE SITUATION
I got pulled out of my booth at work while treating a patient by my boss.
"We have a situation."
Immediately, my mind jumped to movie mode as I began to think of myself as an undercover cop or a spy.
"Your 1:00 new patient made a threat to his doctor about 'going postal' if he didn't do anything to alleviate his pain. So when he comes to see you today, we're going to have undercover security in the waiting room and near your treatment room. If you have any problems, yell out or pull the emergency cord and they'll come running in."This FREAKED ME OUT!!! I was really nervous, but regained my composure and managed to conduct the evaluation and treat him effectively ... and most importantly, without him going "postal" on me.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]