Tuesday, November 11, 2003

CRICKETS
We have a massive amount of crickets surrounding (and often times inside) our house. It got really bad during the summertime because the heat brought them all out ... and into our house. And those pesky things sure can jump. So, we had no choice but to start killing them. You couldn't go five minutes in our house without hearing newspaper being rolled up, followed by a loud WHAP!!! We even tried to spray Raid along all our doorways.
But now, everybody we mention this too is so critical of us because we're Chinese and Chinese people think crickets are good luck. We are in essence killing our good luck, is what people keep telling us.
I'm sorry, but good luck or not, I don't want crickets jumping all over me while I'm sleeping or running around on the floor while I'm trying to watch TV.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]