Monday, October 13, 2003

THE UPS AND DOWNS
When I'm at work, I'm in a consant struggle between feeling up and down. When I can make a patient feel better, I leave the treatment session feeling great, even if I'm exhausted afterward. It's such a good feeling knowing that you were directly able to affect a patient's pain for the better. But when they don't get better after multiple treatments (or they get worse), I leave feeling so disappointed and hurt. It's such a painful experience for me because I feel like I let them down and disappointed them. But PT can't save everybody and I definitely can't help everybody.
I guess the old sports cliche applies: You should never reach your highest high when things or up or reach your lowest low when things are down.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]