Sunday, October 26, 2003

THE UPS AND DOWNS OF SATURDAY
What a day this turned out to be. First, it was so nice to be able to sleep in. Even though this work weeked seemed okay for the most part, I was exhausted and couldn't wait to get to the weekend. It felt so good to sleep in.
After going to the Glendale Galleria, I've decided (1) Looking at jewelry doesn't interest me ... at all; (2) People are so stupid because I seem more Kobe jerseys now than ever before. They're worshipping an adulterer (at least) and maybe more. I mean, I still love the guy and cheer for him, but come on. Let's be realistic about this.
Then, we went to church to help set up for the international pot luck, except we were late and Debbie had everything set up already. Still, it is always good to see them and other good friends.
Afterward, we got word that my grandfather was going to the ER because he had probably had a stroke. We picked up my mom and sister (who is in town along with Raymond for a very brief weekend -- Ray has a wedding to go to). We sat in the ER and visited with my grandfather, and then left to have dinner and visit with my ailing grandmother, who is recovering from multiple strokes of her own. It was a somber evening. Please pray for him.
Afterward, we went to Simon's to catch the final leg of Steven Ng's birthday bash. We had a great time just hanging out and playing Texas Hold 'Em.
Life is full of ups and downs and Saturday was no exception.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]