Thursday, October 02, 2003

RESTAURANT TALK
For some reason, I've had some real craving for Subway. Maybe it's because I always associate their sandwiches with good times. While on a family vacation, we had the best conversation while sitting around a table eating Subway. On the way to Las Vegas with Karena and Ko and Charice, we stopped at a Subway in Barstow. The women nibbled and chatted while Koa nd I didn't say a word, as we inhaled our sandwiches and chips. And finally, Michael and Jason came over to visit me at UCLA and bought all kinds of sandwich stuff, luncheon meat, and good bread. It wasn't Subway ... it was better! Plus, we got to talk and watch the 1988 World Series game where the Dodgers' Kirk Gibson hit a game-winning home run off Dennis Eckersley on ESPN Classic.
But back to what I was saying, I've had Subway twice this week and am still hungry for more.
On a semi-related note, Karena and I were walking into Subway when we smelled some good food coming from a nearby Chinese restaurant. We thought we might like to try it out sometime, but hesitated because the place was actually called, "Chinese Restaurant."
Would you trust a place called "Chinese Restaurant?"
We wouldn't either.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]