Tuesday, October 14, 2003

ON STRIKE
I already thought it was bad enough that we aren't supposed to go shopping at our local supermarkets because they are on strike, but now I hear that the bus drivers, rail operators, and mechanics are on strike too. All this talk about strikes has left me with mixed feelings.
Karena and I were wondering, "Who says we can't go into our local Ralphs and buy some food?" I guess because PTs don't have unions, we are slightly less sympathetic to their cause. We don't mean any disrespect by it though! All we want to do is buy some food for dinner. People have told us we should go to Trader Joe's or Costco so we don't cross the picket lines. But hey, I understand their situation and feel badly for the grocery store workers, but I work long hours and the last thing I want to deal with after being at work for 12-13 hours is I can't go in to buy myself some chicken for dinner.
And the bus and rail strike is already causing even more havoc on LA's busy freeways. Plus, many of my patients will not be able to get in for their physical therapy appointments as a result.
Am I being selfish about this whole thing? Absolutely. I know that I am and should probably be more understanding to these people's plight. But I just am very conflicted about this whole thing. Please share your thoughts -- whether in agreement or disagreement.

P.S. Karena and I usually go to Ralph's on Tuesdays to do our grocery shopping. We didn't go today.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]