Saturday, October 18, 2003

NEWLYWEDS
I'm not exactly sure how we started watching the show, but MTV's Newlyweds has quickly become one of our favorites. It stars pop musicians Nick Lachey (formerly of 98 Degrees) and Jessica Simpson. As the name of the show implies, they recently were married. And now, MTV is capitalizing on showing all the highs and lows of married life, especially for two young people trying to establish themselves professionally, personally, and as husband and wife.
Although they're situation is very different (read: they have $$$ and we don't), it's interesting to us to see what they disagree on and how they settle their differences. It's led to some healthy discussions for our own marriage. But, it's also pretty funny when Jessica Simpson says some of her notorious funny lines. Hmm ... how to do I put this nicely? She's not the sharpest tool in the shed. So, she says things like "I don't want any Buffalo wings because I don't eat buffalo." and "I'm turning 23, which is almost 25, which is almost my mid-twenties!"
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]