Sunday, September 28, 2003

TRANSITIONS
One huge thing that I've been learning about over the last several years is transitions. For me, many of the transitions I have undergone have come very swiftly. One day, I'm here, the next, *poof* I'm gone. And most of them were transitions that I never even saw coming. I'm a man who is not too fond of change. If you're a friend of mine, I pretty much expect us to be friends for a lifetime. If I'm fond of a certain type of food, chances are good that I'll still love that food when I'm having to put my dentures in just to eat it! But I have undergone more transitions in the last five years than I have probably in my entire life.
Over these last five years, transitions have changed me ... quickly, and most times for the better. God usually opens a door for me ... and pushes me through it. For example, I never thought I'd be leaving UCLA and all of a sudden, I find myself working for Kaiser for almost six months already. And it wasn't that long ago that I didn't even have a girlfriend. And now, I'm married and living in my own home.
Sometimes, however, transitions can be bad. Like when the former Dodgers' owner Peter O'Malley was forced to turn his back on decades of ownership (his father owned the team) and sell it to commercial juggernaut Rupert Murdoch and his Fox Corp. Next thing you know, Mike Piazza is traded, the loyalty is gone, the tradition is no more, and the "Dodger way" is a thing of the past. Just like that. I see that type of thing happening in a certain area of my life too, just not to that extent.
How does this make me feel? It forces me to trust, all the more, in God's soverign plan because anything can happen ... at any time.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]