Thursday, September 04, 2003

STRANGE FEELING
I sometimes have to go up into the hospital to see patients. One of my patients today was a woman who had just given birth to her new child and developed some pain, which required her to use a walker to walk. So, my job was to make sure she was safe with it before going home. Her baby was so beautiful. Have you ever seen a newborn baby? They are simply amazing.
Anyway, so obviously, I had to go see her in the Obstetrics/Gynecology wing. Anyway, while I was charting, I suddenly began to feel uncomfortable.
Was it the large number of new mothers around? No.
The smell of dirty diapers? Nope.
Those things were there, but that wasn't it.
Instead, it was the 16 (no exaggeration here) full-length posters of mothers breastfeeding their babies to show how easy and good it is. Now, I am all for breastfeeding (good for the babies, a special, tender moment for the mothers, etc.). But do I need to be surrounded by 16 of these reminders while I'm charting?
Let's just say that I have never written faster.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]