Monday, September 08, 2003

SONGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME
A patient of mine always talks about how he goes to see all these shows, plays, musicals, etc. I asked him about it because he had more of a life than I did. He said his secret was that his wife gets free tickets to all these things. After talking to him about it more, he offered to give us some sometime. I thought it was a nice gesture, but really, I could do without them since Karena and I are always so busy as it is. But that day, his wife left a message for us about a play that she had tickets for. Since then, he has offered a few times, but I've always said no. So, this last time, I felt obligated to say yes.
So, last night, Karena and I, along with my parents, went to the Canon Theatre in Beverly Hills to see Judy Garland's daughter Lorna Luft in "Songs My Mother Taught Me." Basically, she sang many of her mother's most famous songs (of which I only knew 3).
The highoight of the evening for me was when they showed Judy Garland on a screen singing and her daughter joined her in a duet. It was very touching, reminiscent of Nat "King" Cole and Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable." It's like Bobby Bonds hitting a home run together with his son Barry.
Do I feel more cultured today? Slightly. But maybe that's because I watched the original "Rocky" the night before. Man, now THAT'S a movie!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]