Saturday, September 13, 2003

PRE-REUNION REUNION
Although it IS true that I am not going to my 10-year high school reunion tonight, I did manage to see everybody last night at a pre-reunion reunion at Gordon Biersch in Old Town Pasadena.
I was grateful for Karena for coming on a night when she would know virtually nobody and I was grateful for people in Koinonia, who let us show up late and leave early, but still be able to worship God with them. I have to say that was one of the best 25 minutes I've ever spent!
Anyway, it was SO nice to see everybody again, some of whom I have not seen in literally 10 years. Some got heavier, some got older, some got better looking, but all were still very warm and friendly towards me, as if the 10 year time frame was more like 10 minutes. After sitting there a while, it really was like we were back in 1993. We spent a lot of time talking to Enoch, which was nice too.
But I think the best moment of last night was when my friend Ryan, who I've known since 3rd grade but have sort of grown apart lately, still came right up to me to shake my hand and give me a guy hug. He was genuinely happy to see me again and I appreciated that because the feeling was mutual. In fact, I really, truly did have that feeling when I saw all my high school friends.
Plus, it felt good knowing that I got to see almost everyone I wanted to see without having to fork out $130 tonight!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]