Tuesday, September 23, 2003

THE OVERTIME MAN
I think I've become the overtime man. We're having a little shortage of people at work so they asked if I could work a half day today (I'm usually off on Tuesdays). Since we didn't anything planned (aside from doing weeds or cleaning the house), I decided to do it. I don't mind taking one for the team. Besides, I figured half a day ain't too bad.
But the bad part was that when my supervisor asked, he pretty much expected me to say "yes." And then, the day turned out to not be half a day, but a full day. In fact, I worked until 5:00pm. And then, I have to do it again next week and again for "half a day."
I guess I'll be working until midnight!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]