Saturday, September 06, 2003

CALIFORNIA RECALL
If there's one lesson I've learned while growing up, it's this: Don't ever talk about politics in public. It only leads to trouble, even for a pretty middle of the road/try not to ruffle any feathers guy like me. Usually when a patient brings something up, I end up saying something non-committal so they can express their opinion. Then, I just agree with them for the sake of agreeing so that we end up having no problems in our therapist-patient relationship. I wouldn't want a patient not to get better or to harbor any ill will toward me as a result of some political argument.
But, here are my two cents on the recall: I can't stand Gray Davis, but the recall does cost quite a bit of money, and I'm wondering if it's worth it in the end. Arnold is running a pretty sad campaign because he is not taking a stand on anything. He's relying on people who just don't want to vote for a typical politician. But, of course, the guy I'm leaning toward isn't much better, but he may be my pick: Peter Ueberroth.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]