Wednesday, September 10, 2003

AN AWFUL DAY
Yesterday afternoon, Karena and I went to downtown to see about getting her engagement ring fixed. One of the prongs had become loose and we wanted them to tighten it so we wouldn't lose the diamond. After a few attempts at fixing it, the setter ended up bending the whole thing completely to one side. I mean, the diamond was nowhere near the center anymore! So, we argued with the manager there and ended up not getting it fixed because she was too upset at us, even though it was her fault. Imagine that, they make the mistake and they end up being mad at us!
Meanwhile, I had left to go put more money in the meter, only to find that my car was gone. I freaked out! My beloved car had been stolen! I ran all over, making sure that is where I parked it, but after deciding that that was the place where I parked it, I realized that the parking sign said "No parking from 3-7pm." I quickly called number and was referred to another number, who referred me to yet another number. Finally, I got news: Yes, my car had been ticketed and towed away. We had only parked there for less then an hour, and amazingly enough, right at 3pm.
We had to get a taxi, find the stupid place, and pay hundreds of dollars just to get the car back. Now, we have to pay for the parking ticket too.
It was unbelieveable, but after being rather upset about the whole thing, I decided that I just had to suck it up, pay the money, and move on.
Meanwhile, later that night, there we were again, cutting up grocery store coupons in our attempts to save 75 cents here, 50 cents there. Hmm, it just seems like two steps forward, three steps back.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]