Wednesday, August 06, 2003

WEIGHING IN
I was really afraid to tell people, but I was trying my best to lose weight before the wedding. I was afraid to tell people just in case it didn't happen. But, luckily for me (and for Karena too) I did lose some weight. And I have to admit that it feels good when people tell me that. (This got me thinking that the best way to get people to tell you you're losing weight is to gain a whole bunch of weight, like I did after knee surgery, and then lose it until you're back to your original weight!)
But now, I'm sort of in a holding pattern since I'm not able to work out at UCLA anymore and I'm too lazy (or too Chinese) to sign up at 24 Hour Fitness. Meanwhile, my brother, who has also been diligently losing weight, is catching up to me. He is out on a mission to catch and eventually pass me. That would definitely be a changing of the guard since he's always been heavier than me ... maybe for our entire lives.
So, today, I got an email from him letting me know how diligent he's been with his cardio exercise and his improved eating. Then, he told me his weight. So, in response to that, I weighed myself, but was a little nervous to look at the number. But to my suprise, I'm 3 and a half pounds lighter! Thank goodness!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]