Saturday, August 09, 2003

WASTE NOT, WANT NOT
I had to stay a little bit later at work on Friday to finish some charting. Meanwhile, I was getting really hungry and I wanted to take the rest of the bag of Fritos somebody had left for the staff to eat. But there was another guy who also was staying late so I tried to do the polite thing and offer it to him first (hoping he'd say no, of course). Our conversation went like this:
"Hey, Ed, why don't you take the Fritos with you?"
"Why?"
"'Cause if you don't, then I WILL!!!"
Ed, thinking that I was implying I didn't want the extra calories then did the unthinkable -- he poured out the entire bag of Fritos into the trash and said, "There, now we're both happy. Waste not, want not!"
I was mortified. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. All I could think about were all those good Fritos going to waste. Well, that, and the fact that the phrase "waste not, want not" didn't really make sense.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]