Sunday, August 24, 2003

THE WAITING GAME
Last week, I spent a lot of time waiting. I took Karena's car in for an oil change and I ended up waiting about 3 hours for everything. In addition to the oil change, they also changed the air filter, but decided not to charge me for it since they made me wait for so long. So, even though all that waiting put me in a bad mood, I felt okay about it afterwards. During that time, I read the entire LA Times (and I do literally mean the ENTIRE thing), watched some TV (CNN and Access Hollywood -- I wasn't in charge of the remote) and read every single sign in the store. It was a Goodyear store so I feel very knowledgeable about tires now.
Another instance where I was waiting a long time was at Claim Jumper in Monrovia with Karena and Luong Baby. We waited nearly an hour for a table. During that time, we chatted about all kinds of things. But I looked around and noticed that some people were playing hot hands, playing checkers, eating snacks (even Karena bought a Claim Jumper cookie), and even playing 20 Questions.
It's amazing what some people will do and can accomplish when they're trying to kill time.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]