Sunday, August 31, 2003

SUNDAY OBSERVATIONS
Since Karena and I have been ushering for the summer months, I've been able to observe the interesting habits of people as they walk into Sunday service. With this week being our church's Summer Conference weekend, most people were gone. With that in mind, we decided to rope off the two far rows of pews so that everyone could just sit in the middle. And as always, people always try to go under, over, or around those ropes to sit there. Why people do that even though it's obviously intended to keep you from sitting there is beyond me. In fact, if you notice, most weeks they have all the men ushers stand there to actually keep people from doing that. It's pretty sad ushers have to do that for a Sunday service.
The second observation I noticed is that people love to sit in the back and at least 1-2 seats away from other people. I understand the need for space and for sitting in the back (I used to always sit in the back of all my classes in both undergrad and graduate school). But, it makes life VERY difficult for the ushers when they have to collect the offering. Today was the toughest I've ever had to do since everyone was so spread out. It just seems like if we're supposed to be one body, we should sit like one body.
Hmmm ... maybe we need more ropes.

P.S. In other news, my car is all good now. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]