Thursday, August 21, 2003

LUNCHTIME
I do kind of a unique thing for lunch. Once I'm done charting, I take my lunch (by the way, I always eat a sandwich, fruit, and drink water) and go to my car. That way, I can listen to The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN radio while I eat. When I'm finished, I recline the chair and take a nap. These power naps are the only way I can get through the afternoons. And I've got the whole thing down to a science: I bring my cell phone to use as an alarm and even have my contacts stuff so I can take them out while I nap and clean them and put them back in before going back to work. It's truly a beautiful thing.
But while I was eating today, I noticed all these people walking. Then, I realized all these people are walking ... for exercise. I can't imagine walking up and down a parking structure because of all the exhaust fumes going around. Don't they realize that they're going to be taking in more carbon monoxide-filled oxygen? I guess they do it because it's cooler than walking under the hot sun.
Whatever the reason, I guess we're both making good use of the time.
Does it make me feel lazy knowing that all these people are getting good exercise while I'm catching some zzz's? Not at all.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]