Sunday, August 17, 2003

2 DAYS WORTH OF BLOGGING INTO ONE
Here goes:
Friday: Jerry Maguire is a movie that speaks to me on so many levels. One think I took away from that movie (after watching it probably over 30 times) is the central theme of the movie. He's a sports agent who writes this passionate pep-talk mission statement about having fewer clients so you can spend more time with them. And in the end, the payoff will be even greater, even if it meant more work for him. I gave a talk in Emmanuel Friday night with the same kind of feel to it. It was a pep talk about loving God, loving people, even if it meant that you'd have to put in my time and effort. In the end, the payoff is SO worth it. I hope it was well-received and some of the passion I had rubbed off on them.
Saturday: Karena and I took this class that will meet once a month from a chiropractor. He's a very eclectic guy who also teaches kickboxing, martial arts type stuff. He basically says almost all PTs are bad, but his stuff works. Two of my co-workers have learned his stuff and they get their patients going much quicker than most. Hopefully, I'll get good at it. In the evening, we had dinner with Luong Baby. I must say that he's a very special guy. He's someone you can joke with very easily and yet also someone who is not afraid to share openly and deeply about things. After we left, I couldn't help but think about all my groomsmen: Raymond, Michael, Jason, and Luong. And I just smiled, knowing these are gentlemen that I respect and have strong accountability with. What a great group of friends ... and brothers.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]