Sunday, July 27, 2003

GRACE AND MATTHEW'S WEDDING
Yesterday began another round of 3 weddings in 4 weeks for us. But I try my hardest not to think of it that way because each wedding should be its own special occasion. And they are.
Yesterday's was no exception. It was very different being in a room of 600 and only knowing about 20 people (from CEFC). The rest were from other churches. It was amazing how they really made their wedding a worship service. I mean, it was to the point where I literally forgot I was there for a wedding.
Their banquet was at Empress Pavilion, where we got married exactly three months ago. It was nice to go back there -- it brought back many memories.
Here's my weird thing about weddings: As the couple getting married, I think I was told the word "Congratulations" over 1,000 times. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. But it got to the point where I mistakenly said "congratulations" to some of the guests, just because I was hearing it so much. So, I decided that I would only be allowed to say "congratulations" to the couple once during the night. Instead, I would try to say something more meaningful. But it got difficult last night, but I managed to stay true to my promise.
Of course, this has to go on for the next two weddings too.
So Jacob, if I end up tripping over my words when I see you two this coming weekend, you'll know why.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]