Monday, July 21, 2003

CLAPPING
For some reason, I've become obsessed with watching people clap while they sing at church. Here is what I've found out:
1. This is not a hard set rule because there are many exceptions, but for the most part, guys clap by pulling their hands apart and back together. Girls clap with their arms swining from the front to the back.
2. Guys' clapping is usually more subtle. Girls' is usually more more energetic.
3. People from the motherland clap on the offbeats while we Americans clap on the downbeats (aka the same beat as the drum and bass).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of worship time at church. But somehow, I manage to look at everyone clapping. So, if I'm sitting next to you next week, don't get self-conscious if I start checking you out when you clap.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]