Thursday, July 03, 2003

BOWLING
I had the opportunity to hang out with many of my old UCLA co-workers last night at a bowling alley in Santa Monica. At first, Karena and I were shocked that they would pick a place so far (it's on 3rd Street -- almost near the ocean), but the atmosphere they create there is so fun. They blast music and having everyone there just made it an enjoyable experience. Karena and I decided not to bowl so we weren't committed to staying too late. But we were able to spend some good time catching up with people. There was a lot of hugging going on.
That just got me thinking about how I conduct myself at work. I'm not that friendly a person at work. I'm not anti-social or anything, but I just see work as a place where you go do you think to the best of your ability, do it quickly and effeciently, and get outta there as soon as you can so you can live your real life. I don't like staying late or just hanging out after work. And yet, even with that mindset, I still managed to develop such strong ties to my UCLA co-workers. It's amazing. So far, I'm nowhere near that to anybody at Kaiser, but I'm guessing that in time, it'll happen too.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]