Saturday, July 26, 2003

BOWLING FOR KOINONIA
The guys went out bowling last night in Alhambra. It was a decent turnout and everybody seemed to have a good time. But I have to admit that my bowling experience was an eye-opener for me personally.
I used to bowl at least 1-2 times a month in high school and during the first few years of college. That's a lot of bowling, my friends! And because of it (thanks to Enoch), I even have my own shoes! And during that time, I managed to get pretty good (even with my ugly form that is so stiff, people used to call me Frankenstein). My highest ever was a 189.
Anyway, I really haven't bowled since then. And now I realize just how old I'm getting. Now, I've gone through knee surgery, a constant back and hip pain (you guys probably don't realize just how much pain I'm in ALL the time), and other general ailments. Plus, now that I've begun working out some, I'm stronger, but couldn't decide what weight ball I should use. Heavier since I can lift more now, or the same weight since I'm used to it?
With so many different variables, the results were pretty depressing for me.
But the truth is that it didn't bother me all that much since everbody ended up having a good time (especially Aaron, Dewey, and Nathan who turned out some pretty impressive numbers).
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]