Thursday, July 31, 2003

5 MORE YEARS, 5 MORE YEARS
After much prayer and thinking and discussion, I decided that this would be my last year serving on Koinonia core. And since Nathan is probably leaving the L.A. area soon, he will not be on the core next year either. This marks the end of our terms in Koinonia core since the beginning of the group about five years ago. Last Tuesday's meeting was our last. It was a bittersweet moment, but one I tried not to think about since it's hard for me to let it go, even though it was my decision.
As Koinonia core chair this year, I have found it very rewarding and difficult. I struggled all year with stepping up and making decisions, helping to define the vision, and knowing how to conduct meetings appropriately. I feel like I never truly got a good handle of it, but I tried to do my best at the last meeting at Dewey and Janet's. They were kind enough to open up their home. But more importantly, they were very helpful in guiding me through this year. Like I have mentioned before, I am obsessed with the Office of the President and everything that comes with that. And in some ways, I initially saw my role as being like the President. But I realized that I wanted to be more of a facilitator and I was blessed to have good people like Dewey and Janet, Nathan, and Jason and Debbie to keep the group moving and to be strong leaders.
These five years were filled with many long meetings that left me heart-broken at times, supported and extremely encouraged during other times, and frustrated at other times. But all in all, it was a great ride. Koinonia is like my child. I've watched the grow and mature. Sure, the process was sometimes painful. But there are COUNTLESS times when I just stood back and watched in amazement at how God works. People have deepened their faith. Relationships have been built and in some cases rebuilt through our fellowship group. It's like watching your newborn baby take his first steps or speak his first words. I got to see FIRSTHAND the hands of God working in people's lives. And that is something I will never trade.
To steal a line from MasterCard, it's priceless.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]