Wednesday, June 11, 2003

VEGAS VACATION
I had the privilege of spending this past weekend in Las Vegas with some good friends. They said it was to celebrate my birthday, but I honestly didn't believe them at first. But after seeing how well they treated me, I had to believe them.
In 48 short hours, I was treated to a Marie Callender's Strawberry pie (on sale, but still very good!), 2 DVDs as gifts (The Transporter, Love and Basketball), a nice money clip (I left Vegas with it completely empty), two brunch buffets, one super expensive dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (I had a $32 steak that was the best I had ever tasted), and few travel and lodging. It was so great. Thanks guys for a great trip and a good chance to catch up with people. I left feeling tired, but I had a blast.
The weird part was that Karena didn't go because of her father's hospitalization. (He's now home and recoving, but still needs prayer!). So, it was sort of like a vacation from being married or a second bachelor party, minus all the wildness that could potentially come with it. Actually, the truth is that I spent the entire weekend missing my wife.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]