Sunday, June 01, 2003

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF THE DAY
1. I was driving and I heard that song by Nas (a rap artist) that encourage kids: "I know I can/Be what I wanna be/If I work hard at it/I'll be where I wanna be." Don't get me wrong, I'm happy a rapper can turn sympathetic and have compassion on the youth of today. But what kind of world do we live in where we have to turn to rappers to get encouragement like that? Where are the parents of today's youth?
2. I spent Sunday morning at CEFC and I have to admit that the most moving part of the whole service was the communion time. What a great opportunity and privilege for us to come before the Lord's table to eat and drink in remembrance of him. Besides, I have to admit that I was totally distracted during the sermon and my thoughts were with Koinonia as they went to "Black Church" today as part of Day 3 of the Koinonia retreat.
3. I think it's okay to say on this site now: My father-in-law is in the hospital with a heart condition. Please continue to pray for him. If you want more info, please speak to one of us directly.
4. We plan on packing up our stuff over the next week and hopefully plan to move into the house by the end of next week (if everything goes smoothly). I'm excited and nervous about being "the man of the house."
5. I need a nap.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]