Tuesday, June 03, 2003

OLD PICTURES AND HOME
Having Tuesdays off has been great for Karena and me. Today, we spent the time running some errands for the house and had lunch with Ko and Charice at Mimi's Cafe. While we were there eating away at meatloaf (I always get the meatloaf), we showed them our wedding photos. And that got me thinking.
When I was a kid, I used to see all these wedding photos that "adults" had. They were classic and old looking -- one of those things that should be looked at but never touched. But as we sat there looking at the pictures, it just hit me that I finally AM that guy with those classic, old looking pictures. I'm just glad our photographers (Wah Chan, Julie, and Charles) were good enough to add a bunch of fun shots into the mix. Plus, now for the rest of our lives, we will have close friends we can later tell our kids, "This guy was one of my groomsmen" or "She was your mom's matron of honor!"
Plus, today was the first time while walking around the house, I actually felt like it was ours. We've only brought a few boxes over and don't plan on moving the majority of our stuff until next week, but the place is become ours more and more. Hopefully, as we put more and more of our stuff there, it'll feel more like home. Right now, a part of me still considers my Montebello house home, but I think that'll all change very soon. Maybe it'll help me consider this Glendale house home if I carry Karena over the threshhold.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]