Thursday, June 12, 2003

FANTASY ISLAND
On Tuesday, Karena and I finally moved into our house in Glendale. It was an exciting day, but one that was very busy ... not to mention a back-breaker. We did hire movers, but in order to save money, we decided to help them to speed up the job. That meant moving some pretty heavy stuff. Now, my back is all achy and I am once again bad advertising for my profession.
But the house looks good, except for all the boxes and things. The worst part is that we're both so busy that we dont' have any time to unpack things. And we had to pack in such a hurry that we now have no clue where anything is. The ongoing question around here is, "Honey, do you know where that is?" And the answer is always, "I have no clu." In fact, I just spent the last 20 minutes looking for a power strip so I could hook my computer up to it, except that I never found it. So, I have a make-shift station with extension cords coming from everywhere set up right now just so I could write this blog.
Anyway, you must be wondering about the title of this blog "Fantasy Island." Well, that is the nickname I gave our house because the house is literally the center of a circular street. You have to drive around our house as if it were an island surrounded by water. That fact, plus my love for Ricardo Montalban, made "Fantasy Island" the perfect nickname.
(In Ricardo Montalban's famous accent) Welcome to Fantasy Island!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]