Saturday, May 10, 2003

THOUGHTS FROM THE HONEYMOON PART II
While Karena's dad was driving us to the airport so we could head to Tahiti to begin our honeymoon, I got a call on my cell phone from Raymond. He basically wanted to tell us what his friend had mentioned to him: the honeymoon will be the first time you will be spending 24 hours with your new spouse for the first time. I think he just wanted us to be forewarned and to realize that a marriage also requires an adjustment period.
And while on the honeymoon, we talked about this. I said that I agree with what Raymond was saying. For the first time, I was waking up to having Karena there, spending all day with her, and then going to sleep with her next to me. I can see where that would taking some getting used to. But we never got sick of each other (which was a good sign!)
But the point that I made was that I thought it was EASY to not get sick of each other when you're in paradise. The real challenge would come once we landed in LA and got back to the real world.
I didn't know how prophetic my words would be because ever since we heard the screaching of the airplane's landing tires against the LAX runway, we've been bombarded and nearly overwhelmed with so much stress and busyness. But in a way I'm glad our marriage is already getting tested like this, because I'm supremely confident that we'll come out of this just fine.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]