Tuesday, May 27, 2003

FOUR DAY WEEKEND
It's so nice having Tuesdays off because I end up getting a 4-day weekend on long weekends like this! Of course, this one really wasn't a 4-day weekend since I had to work at UCLA on Sunday. Here are some final thoughts from this weekend:
1. I wanted my official last day at UCLA to be relaxing and enjoyable. I wanted to visit various nurses and other staff and patients I had developed close bonds with. But instead, I was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. It was SO busy! And yet, I still found it very hard to walk out of the department when all was said and done. I started to walk out, but being the sentimental guy that I am, walked right back in and took one last look around. I literally had to tell myself, "Turn around and don't look back." And that's just what I finally did. But it wasn't easy.
2. Karena and I spent Monday at teh Camarillo Outlets doing some shopping. There were tons of sidewalk sales and the place was packed. People were like vultures around a brand new dead animal -- hovering, pushing, shoving, trying to get a good look at everything to find the best deals. Me? I really went there just to buy some shoes and some white shirts for work (Apparently, I have to wear a lab coat at all times unless I have a white polo shirt on).
3. Karena recently convinced me to buy a pair of tight fitting jeans from the Gap. And since I lost about 20 pounds for the wedding, I decided that maybe I could pull the tight-jean look off. But after wearing those jeans for half a day, all I felt was cramped and squished. I had a hard time walking up stairs, bending down, etc. So, I've decided that this look is not for me, even if they say it makes my butt look good!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]