Wednesday, May 28, 2003

FAKING CONFIDENCE
Today was my first day actually treating patients. And I was pretty nervous about the whole thing since I haven't worked in an outpatient PT setting in over two and a half years (since before I graduated from PT school). But I took some good advice that one of the other therapist gave me. He said, "Even if you don't know what the hell you're doing, just sound and look confident and everything will be fine. The patients don't know any better anyway."
I only agree with half the advice since I felt like if I didn't know something that I'd be basically lying to the patients. But, forcing myself to sound and feel confident actually made me feel more sure about myself and I realized that I knew more than I thought. And everything turned out fine.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]