Sunday, March 30, 2003

ON THE MOVE
My suggestion to everyone is don't ever try to move when you don't have a car. Just getting from point A to B becomes such a necessity. But if you are forced into doing it (like I am), then you MUST have a good fiance (like I do) and good friends (like I have).
Yesterday's move after work went amazingly smooth thanks to Mark, Jason, Jacob and Victoria, Mike, Ko and Charice, and of course, Karena. Everyone was instrumental in doing something. My favorite part of the day was how everybody just fell into some very well-defined roles (without being told) and that really sped up the job. Maybe these fine individuals don't want me to advertise this, but I have to say I was really impressed with their abilities to stack, move large amounts of things, get things through tight spaces, secure things with a little rope and some good knots, all while still keeping a positive attitude. These guys all could be professional movers ... if they current day jobs don't pan out. (But they're good at those too.)
And to end the evening, we piled into a nearby Jack-N-The-Box and loaded up. As I sat there looking at each person who helped, it reminded me of that last scene in Ocean's Eleven when they are all outside the Bellagio water show and kind of look at each other one more time with a little satisfied smerk (knowing they had done a good job) before slowly walk away one by one.
Thank you guys for a job well done.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]