Wednesday, March 19, 2003

MY THREE CENTS
1. Karena, Rani, and I went to see Stomp last night at the Wilshire Theater. Even though I had seen the show about 5 years ago, I was still very impressed with how well they can beautiful music out of ordinary things. And it's great that this percussion music transcends all age boundaries and all cultures. Plus, it's amazing how they can get the audience to laugh out loud without even speaking one word. Let's see how many of our so-called comedians try that one!
2. Thank you to Karena's dad for keeping the two of us on track with our escrow paperwork deadlines. I just feel VERY BADLY that I wasn't more on top of things. I'm quickly beginning to realize that I will be "the man of the house" so I better get my act together.
3. It's going to take me about an hour or two to get home (I'm sure) because all major streets around UCLA (Wilshire, Westwood, etc.) are closed due to rioting over the war. I saw on the news that police in riot gear were beating down the protestors. Now, I don't want to give my opinion on the war. And frankly, that doesnt' matter at this point. We always take pride in having freedom of speech so I support people who want to protest against the war. But, isn't it ironic to protest a war by trying to beat up on police and having them beat back. Isn't that just basically creating your own war here? And what's worse, how do you think our troops over in Iraq are going to feel when they see that this is what they're fighting for. Good one, guys.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]