Sunday, March 02, 2003

THE LIMITED
As I get older, I've come to realize more and more just how limited I am as a human being. Let me explain.
As a kid, you can do anything. The possibilities are endless. If you want to be a doctor, play in the NBA, or win a pie-eating contest, you could grow up to do all those things (I made a run at all three during one time in my life, only to fail at all three). But as you get older, you realize that your mind slows down a little, your body starts to talk back to you (and it doesn't say anything good!), and eating whatever you want just leads you to growing horizontally until you look like Fat Bastard (Get in me belly!!!).
I think the thing for me that I really valued most growing up was the ability to come close to being in two places at once. Have two parties scheduled on the same night? No problem. I'd show up to the first, say my hellos, work the room, and be out in time to catch the tail end of the second and work the room one more time. Two places at once! But now, it just doesn't seem to work out for me anymore. Plus, I don't have the energy I once did to do that sort of thing.
And the worst part of it is, I'm only 26. What will happen when I turn 46 or 76?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]