Monday, March 31, 2003

GONE
After spending Sunday afternoon cleaning up the apartment, Karena and I took one last look around the place. Yes, this Westside apartment was vintage '70s, had more than its share of spiders (and that mouse too!), and sometimes smelled funny, but it had character. And I called it home for two years.
As I stood at the door to give it one last look, I felt like this was the series finale of some TV sitcom. But it is sort of a finale since the Glendale apartment we moved to will be the first home for Karena and me as husband and wife. So, I wasn't just closing the door to some apartment, I was basically closing the door to my singlness and bachelorhood.
I felt sad for a second, but then I turned around, slammed the door shut, locked it, and walked away without looking back. With each step, I knew I was moving forward.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]