Monday, March 10, 2003

DID I START THE MADNESS?
Part of the reason why it's so busy at work is because we've had so many people out for various reason. But a part of me can't help but think that I started this whole mess. Here is a rundown of what has gone on since I hurt my knee one year ago, forcing me out to be out of work for two months:
1. An OT gets in a serious car accident. She's out for eight months with numbness/tingling down her arms and a torn rotator cuff.
2. A PT gets in an even more serious car accident and is out indefinitely. Later, her doctors tell her she can no longer work as a physical therapist because it is too physically demanding. She is a mother of three young kids and is now getting ready to go back to school to become a speech therapist.
3. A PT develops such a serious upper respiratory infection while being pregnant that she was out for her last trimester, as well as the six months of maternity leave.
4. A PT will back trouble for over 5 years has a microdiskectomy surgery and is out a total of 3 months. She will probably never work in the hospital again, instead, getting transferred to outpatient.
5. And just last week, a PT was snowboarding and suffered a serious concussion and will be out indefinitely.

Did I start this madness? Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, I think this department is cursed.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]