Saturday, February 15, 2003

STILL WORKING ON THE ROMANCE
So like I said in the previous entry, I did not end up being very romantic for Valentine's Day this year. In fact, I probably did the worst thing a guy could do in buying a dozen roses from a supermarket. The problem is that I was going to buy them from the Farmer's Market to get the freshest and nicest flowers, but I was afraid they'd get wilted between then adn the time I went to Karena's. But anyway, at least it makes for a funny blog (hopefully).
So, there I was, standing in line at the supermarket feeling pretty stupid because I was holding these roses. All the people in front of me had legitimate groceries (probably to cook their sweetheart some totally romantic dinner, no doubt). And I was standing there with roses. Now granted, they were the nicest of the bunch, but I still felt disappointed in myself. But the funniest thing is that I turned around to see the line behind me. And there were about five or six guys standing behind me all with flowers in their hands. But the catch was they were all nerdy, computer-geeky looking (sorry for the stereotype). That made me laugh, but feel a little worse too. And one of the guys only splurged to buy the $4.99 arrangement. I mean, come on! If you're going to buy flowers from a grocery store for your honey, at least buy the roses! I'm definitely no fan of a commerical holiday that forces guys to buy stuff, but $4.99? What a joke!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]