Thursday, February 13, 2003

SINGING IN THE RAIN
The rain has been coming down pretty hard in Southern California the last couple of days. But here is one thing I noticed about myself. I am not a fan of the umbrella. I mean, I keep one in my car and yet I still haven't been using it the last few days. Sure, I'd love to share one with Karena. And I'd definitely use one if I was wearing nice clothes. But usually, I just end up walking around in the rain with no worries or concerns about getting wet or sick. Why?
I think it goes back to high school days when everyone (including myself) was overly concerned about being or at least looking cool. There was this one guy that I thought was pretty cool and I wished I could be more like him. Anyway, one day it was pouring rain. And I do mean pouring. Anyway, everyone was running to get out of the rain or using their umbrellas. But there was thick guy, just picking up his bag, throwing it over his shoulder and walking like nothing. He didn't blink. He didn't flinch. He didn't even try to cover his head. Instead, he just walked as if it were a bright sunny day. I thought, "Wow, that is so cool."
And even though I couldn't care less about looking cool anymore, for some reason, that image still sticks with me. And maybe that's why I don't use an umbrella.
Of course, when I do it, I end up running, blinking, and flinching!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]