Wednesday, February 12, 2003

A PACKED TUESDAY
Figuring I needed to get a copy of our wedding invitations to Downey sometime this week and that I wanted to visit my grandmother, I tried to get off of work early. Of course, we were slammed at work and my boss wasn't able to make it happen for me. But luckily, the scheduled worked out so that I could leave an hour early. So, there I was, sitting on the wet, rainy freeway for almost two hours before I made it to Whittier Presbyterian to see her. My uncle said she was doing better today. The good news is that they decided to not feed her through a tube in her stomach and instead opted for the less invasive nose tube. (Trust me, it may sound worse, but it's much better). Anyway, I stayed there for a while and got to watch the movie "Mr. Deeds" with Adam Sandler. Pretty cheesy and not nearly as good as "The Waterboy" or "Happy Gilmore" but still entertaining.
Afterward, I quickly dropped by home to pick up some stuff before heading to Sam Woo to buy B.B.Q. Pork for our Red, White, and Pink Valentine's potluck at work on Thurs. By the way, how girly does that sound? Anyway, while I was there, I realized that my cantonese sucks. I shouldn't even try. The guy at the counter just looked at me with a bewildered look and said, "What?" over and and over until I said it in english. How embarassing!
Afterward, Karena and I got to look at some potential apartments that we might move into after we're married. I think I've pretty much decided that the housing market has overtaken us and it would not be good to get a house at this time. Am I bummed abou that? Bigtime. But I have to make financially-minded decisions that make sense over things that I want. Apparently, that's what grown ups do.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]