Monday, February 10, 2003

THE NISSAN DEALER
While driving last Friday, I was shocked and disappointed to find that my "Service Engine Soon" light came on. So, after going to the hospital on Saturday, I headed off to my mechanic to have him look at it. I could have (and probably should have) gone directly to the Nissan Dealer since my car is still under warranty, but I wanted to avoid the crowd and in general, I'm always afraid they'll over-charge or mistreat you. Well, what happened was that my mechanic (after three hours) said I have to take it to the Dealer. So, I drove all the way to Puente Hills to have them service my car. That way, if they needed to keep the car for longer, I could go to my aunt's an borrow one of her cars.
Well, they said it would probably take two hours to figure out the problem and they suggested I wait and bring the car back some other time to get it fixed. So, while waiting, I went walking down the street into the Curcuit City, Best Buy, Ikea, and some T-shirt shop where I bought some socks and a T-shirt for dirty cheap. Anyway, my mom called me and said she'd just come pick me up so I could leave my car there until all the repairs were done. But after she drove all the way out there, the guys at the dealership said they were almost finished with the whole thing. I felt bad because my mom was already tired (from staying at the hospital overnight) and yet she still had to drive out all that way for basically nothing.
And the worst (or best, depending on your perspective) part of it is that there was no trouble with my engine. My car's computer just needed to be re-calibrated.
I guess the one good thing to come out of this whole process is that I'm no longer afraid to go to the dealer anymore to get my car serviced.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]