Wednesday, February 05, 2003

MY TRIP TO JURY DUTY
After being off for two days, I was finally got called into jury duty. And even though it should have been a fun thing, I was pretty nervous for some reason.
Anyway, I spent the whole day sitting in a room full of people just like me who didn't want to be there. Good thing Karena suggested I bring a lot of things to read ... because I ended up having time to read them all (and then some).
The first time they called people to serve on a jury, it required a 60-day committment. Obviously, we were given the right to say whether we could or could not do it. Most said "no," but a surprisingly large number of people said "yes." I couldn't believe it. The next one was a 35-day commitment. Again, I said "no" but still many more said "yes." These people must have no lives, I thought.
Anyway, during our lunch break, I strolled around downtown because I never get the chance to do that. There's so much to see there and I didn't want to miss it. I walked around the Music Center and watched as kids played in the rising fountain that comes out of the ground. I saw the new L.A. Cathedral and the Disney Concert Hall that is still being built. I also went to the large fountain that overlooks City Hall and realized they were filming something there. As I got closer, I figured out it was the next Miller Lite commercial featuring those cat-fighting wrestling girls. No, I didn't see them wrestling in the fountain (apparently, they filmed that part earlier that morning). Besides, this commercial features those two women and now two guys basically doing the same thing. Anyway, I was making my way to MOCA (because jurors get in for free), but as I reached the door, I realized I probably should head back so I wouldn't be late.
Upon my return to the jury selection room, I proceeded to sit there again all afternoon and wait for my name to be called to be placed on a jury. But my name never was called and now I am a free man! No more jury duty for at least a year!
Freeeeeeeeeeeeedoooooommmm!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]