Friday, February 21, 2003

THE GREAT EQUALIZER
For some reason or another, I've been thinking about what "The Great Equalizer" is in life. That is, what makes all of us humans simply humans. Not doctors, not lawyers, not homeless people. Just people.
Most people seem to think that death is the "great equalizer" because nobody can escape it. No matter who you are, we are all going to die. Others think that a pair of pants are the "great equalizer" because everybody has to put them on one leg at a time.
But for me, I think the "great equalizer" is the bathroom. Just this week, I had an occasion in the hospital where I went into the bathroom and I ran into the spouse of one of my patients. And soon after, her surgeon walked in. As we stood there, we were not a surgeon, a physical therapist, and a husband.
Instead, we were just three guys who really had to pee. See what I mean, the "great equalizer!"
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]