Monday, February 17, 2003

A FAMILY WEEKEND
I would have to call this past weekend a "family weekend" because of all the family things I did. But it didn't only include that. Here's a quick recap:
I was blessed to be able to lead Koinonia and Delta in worship on Friday night. Trude and I only met one hour before to practice and things went very smoothly, amazingly enough. And I guess I know what it feels like to be a musician and "give it all you've got" on stage or to be an athlete and "leave everything on the court" because I was so exhausted afterwards. I felt like I had given all of myself to worshipping God that I was pretty drained afterward.
Sandra, her fiance Gabe, his parents, and my cousin Allison all came down from Northern California. They went to check out the place where they'll get married in May (in Calabasas) while Allison and I went to the hospital to visit my grandmother. She's in acute rehab now ( a good sign) but has major left neglect (meaning she neglects her looking to the left, using her left arm, recognizing her left side, etc.). Anyway, I was there almost all day but was glad to be able to translate for her during an OT session where she did very well. I was proud! But there's still a very, very, very long way for her to go.
After church on Sunday, I tried to meet up with my family and Gabe's family for dim sum, but I opted instead to help Nathan out with his Sunday school class. That toddler's class was the same class I taught for two years straight ... but that was a long time ago. I was glad to see that Nathan had good command of the class. I also got a glimpse of what kind of father I would someday be. I found myself easily entertained by the kids and had a good time playing with them. But I also realized I became stern when they disobeyed and ran around when they weren't supposed to. But for some reason, they didn't give me the respect they gave Nathan or Kelley, who was there too. I guess I still have a lot to work on before I become a parent.
Finally, I went with Karena and her mom to a Robinson's-May clearance store in Panorama City. We ended getting some really good deals on a mattress, a coffee table, and an end table. Karena's mom always manages to find the best deals on furniture (she helped get me my current sofa and love seat in my apartment for dirt cheap!). Then, I rushed back home to have dinner with my cousin Jonathan, but he had to leave as soon as I got there. Sometimes I try to be in two places at once, but it just doesn't work out. That made me bummed.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]