Sunday, February 23, 2003

DOING YOUR TAXES
When I was a kid, I used to look at my dad and be totally jealous. Why? After dinner, I had no choice but to go upstairs and do my homework. I couldn't watch TV, I couldn't go shoot some hoops, I couldn't even just sit and daydream (although I did end up doing a lot of that anyway!). But my dad? He would just plant himself in front of the TV all night, only moving when he had to change the channel. (Aside: He used to use his foot to change the channel after our remote broke. That way, he really didn't have to move much at all. Gross, but true. So the next time you're at my house and you want to change the channel, it's probably best to put gloves on before you touch the TV buttons.)
But anyway, getting back to what I was saying. Now that I'm older, I'm starting to realize he had to do a lot of things like concern himself with his family's safety, the financial situation, paying bills, doing dishes and other housework, etc. And one thing I never he had to do when I was young was having to do taxes every year. Even though it's much easier now with Turbo Tax, it's still the biggest pain in the you-know-what! There is nothing less enjoyable than doing taxes. I just started yesterday and proceeded to fall asleep for almost three hours. But its got to get done, I guess. Still, I think the IRS should let me slide this year since I'm getting married in April.
But the point is, I'm no longer envious of my dad. No, I take that back. I guess I do wish I could change channels with my foot as well as he can!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]