Monday, February 03, 2003

COLUMBIA NEWS
I'm not exactly sure why I did it, but after I heard about the Space Shuttle Columbia going down Saturday morning, I spent almost the whole day watching the news. It was pretty traumatic for me, even though I have never been apart of NASA or knew any of the astronauts. In fact, I haven't even really followed space things for a while (and definitely not like I used to as a kid).
But something caused me to really hurt when I heard about it. I used to have a poster of the Columbia up on my wall. Maybe that was the connection I had with it. Whatever the case may be, I was saddened to hear about the news. But I was comforted by the words of President Bush who said: "The Space Shuttle Columbia did not return safely to earth. But we can pray that they are safely home."

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]