Saturday, December 28, 2002

WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT EXCHANGE
I have to admit that I saw it coming. Since I knew we hadn't publicized this event as much as in years past, we'd have a smaller turn-out. And we did. Was I disappointed? Yes. Was I hurt? A little. See, the problem with being Koinonia core chair is that I take everything so personally. I sincerely just want everybody to love God more, love people more, and to have a good time during this year that I lead the group. But I'm not so sure any of those three is happening right now. Anyway, these were the types of thoughts running through my head at the start of the event.
Then, Karena reminded me to focus on who is here and that made all the difference. It was great to have Amy come home and participate, Andrew from England, and Raymond, Allison, and Kimmy be Koi members for one night. The gift exchange was as funny as ever, with a duster and a fibro-optic poinsettia being the "hot" gifts this year. Okay, okay, they were hilariously bad, but we all had a good time laughing about it.
Afterwards, I could barely remember what I was initially so upset about. I can't wait 'til next year!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]