Saturday, December 14, 2002

SECRET SANTA
This past week, we drew names for Secret Santa and our only rule was to keep our gift total under $20. With that in mind, I thought I'd be pretty generous if I gave a tin of those Danish butter cookies, a date book organizer and calculator, and something else. Karena kept mentioning to me that I needed something nicer and definitely more of it. So my last gift turned out to be one small and one large aromatherapy candles.
Okay, so that's a little skimpy and cheap. But what's the worst that could happen, right? So she opens up her gifts and even though she may not have gotten what she wanted, there's no real harm done, right?
Well, I spoke too soon. Because what I didn't know was that we were all going to sit in a big circle yesterday and have everyone open up their gifts in front of everybody just before revealing who the gift giver is. And to make matters worse, everyone else's gifts were so good: baskets of fruit, baskets of sausage and cheese, wine, etc. So, I was pretty embarassed to have everyone see what I ended up getting my Secret Santa person.
Next year, I'll do better (and listen to Karena). Promise!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]