Wednesday, December 04, 2002

PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING REVEALS ALL
First off, I have to say thanks for such a great response to my cowlick dilemma. After reading all your thoughts and opinions, I've decided to keep my hair this length for now. But I'll of course have to check with Karena first. =)
Anyway, after meeting with Pastor Clive last night, Karena and I discovered that we fight differently. When we have an argument, she tends to fight based on whatever issue we're fighting about. But I fight based on the fact that she's mad and I try to do something to fix that. I don't care so much about the issue, but she would rather me pretty much fight back. Pretty interesting.
We also did this really good exercise where we right down 3 things we wish the other would do more. Then, we spend time telling those wishes to the other and they have to repeat it in their own words. Confusing? Well, it's designed to improve your assertive, active listening, and developing compromises to meet each other half-way. Just try it with your significant other. I think it'll do wonders for your relationship!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]